- Last Updated on Friday, 21 August 2015 10:08
- Hits: 1023
TOWN OF ELROSE
A BYLAW TO REGULATE AND LICENCE ANY BUSINESS, TRADE OR CALLING NOT ASSESSABLE FOR THE PURPOSE OF BUSINESS TAXATION IN RESPECT TO THEIR BUSINESS, TRADE OR CALLING.
The Council of the Town of Elrose in the province of Saskatchewan hereby enacts as follows:
1. No persons shall carry on any business, trade or calling within the municipality unless have in their possession a vaild and subsisting license for the purpose issued in accordance with the provisions of this bylaw.
2. The Adminstrator of the municipality is herby authorized to issue a license to any person carrying on a business, trade or calling in the municipality:
a) Who is not assessable by the municipalty for the purpose of business taxation in respect to that business, trade or calling: and
b) Who makes application for such licence stating specifically the nature of thier busines in the municipality: and
c) Who tenders with their application the proper licence fee as provided for in section 8.
3. Every yearly licence issued under the authority of this bylaw unless suspended or revoked shall expire on the thirty-first day of December of the year issue.
4. Every daily licence issued under the authority of this bylaw unless suspended or revoked shall expire at the hour of 11:59 PM of the day so specified.
5. Every licence issued shall specifically state the kinds of services, goods or merchandise which the licence e is authorized to provide or offer for sale or take orders for as the case may be and whether in the case of goods or merchandise they may offer the same for sale by retail or by public auction or both. Such licence shall be state the restrictions as set forth in section 6 hereof.
6. No person to whom a licence has been granted under this bylaw shall offer for sale services, goods, or merchandise or solicit orders for future delivery of goods or merchandise within the town:
a) other than a kind of kinds described in the licences:
b) by any method except as stated in the licence.
7. Every person licenced under this bylaw shall, at all reasonable times, upon request of the Administrator, the bylaw enforcement officer or licence inspector , or any peace officer , produce such licence for inspection purposes.
8. The fee payable for a licence under this bylaw shall be as follows:
1. For a Hairdresser, Hairstylist, or Barber
Per Year $25.00
2. For all other trades or sales persons carrying on business, offers to provide service for a price offers goods or merchandise for sale:
a) Elrose residents Per Day $25.00
Per Year $50.00
b) All non residents including sales persons, bussinesses or tradesmen
Per Day $50.00
Per Year $100.00
9. Local based no profit organizations are exempted from any or all provisions of this bylaw.
10. Any person who contravenes the provisions of this bylaw is guilty of an offense and upon conviction , shall be liable to the penalties as provided for in the general penalty bylaw of the municipality.
11. Bylaw #213 - 1985 is hereby repealed.
Read a third time and adopted this 9th day of April, 1996.
Certified a true copy of Bylaw 247-1996 adopted by resolution of the Council of the Town of Elrose on the 9th day of April 1996.