Looking south from Elrose, the highest promontory on the horizon marks the location of this archeological site.
Visitors will observe a classic pattern of small rocks and boulders radiating away from a central burial mound. Robbed and partially destroyed by pothunters around 1925, the site was restored and given official historic site status in the 1970s. A truly magnificent view of the surrounding countryside is possible from this elevated spot; the same view that must have been invaluable for locating the bison herds by the hunters of the past. This site is located at NE 19-25-14 W3rd and is in the Monet P.F.R.A. pasture.