- Last Updated on Monday, 29 August 2016 10:03
- Hits: 1765
TOWN OF ELROSE & R.M. OF MONET No. 257
Waste Transfer Station - Rules & Regulations
SE 27-25-15-3 - OPENED ON JANUARY 3, 2012
Hours of Operation: Friday – Tuesday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed Wednesdays and Thursdays and Statutory Holidays
Updated August 31, 2016:
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED IN BINS:
1. Absolutely no burning allowed by ratepayers at waste transfer site.
2. No petroleum contaminated soil allowed.
3. No animals or slaughter house waste to be buried or disposed of at site.
4. No industrial waste allowed.
5. No grain waste, grain, grain bags or screenings allowed.
6. No tires allowed.
7. No petroleum waste allowed, including oil filters & oily rags.
8. No trees allowed.
9. No chemical, herbicides or pesticides products, waste or containers allowed (including the boxes they were packaged in).
10. No hazardous waste or radioactive materials, naturally occurring (NORM) allowed.
11. No concrete, rocks or road asphalt allowed.
12. No paint, paint thinner or paint remover cans allowed. Only paint cans that are empty and dry or have dry paint in them with the lids off will be allowed.
13. No manure or liquid domestic waste allowed (anything containing animal, mineral or vegetable matter).
14. No asbestos allowed.
15. No propane tanks allowed.
Bins: Domestic garbage which includes household materials, glass, plastics, furniture, etc. must be bagged to avoid littering the site and shall be dumped in the bin.
Wood site: is for clean wood/trees that can be burned that is free of paint and stain.
Metal/Steel site: is for any metal objects, including: steel water tanks, empty steel diesel or gasoline tanks, water softener and water heaters, fridges, stoves, etc. (appliances). Nothing with plastic on it is allowed in this Metal site. Freon will be drained & certified by scrap metal pickup company. Large metal items must be cut up to fit on a Super B.
Wire can be put near the scrap metal pile – must be separated from pile. Barbed wire must be rolled up neatly.
The Wartime and Forgan Nuisance Grounds are CLOSED as of January 31, 2012.
DECEMBER 5, 2013 POLICY- THE TRANSFER STATION WILL NOT BE OPEN IF THE TEMPERATURE IS -40 DEGREES CELSIUS OR COLDER WITH THE WIND CHILL
JULY 9, 2015BYLAW- THE R.M. OF MONET NO. 257 IS NOW CHARGING A FEE OF $15 FOR LEAVING A FRIDGE, FREEZER OR AIR CONDITIONER (FREON PRODUCTS) AT THE WASTE TRANSFER STATION. The fee will be $10 if the door or lid has been removed.
Removal of Materials:
- No person shall remove, disturb or take away any material, object or thing from the transfer site without permission from the Council. The Municipality shall own and have the sole right to dispose of all refuse collected and delivered to the transfer site.
- No person shall deface, destroy or alter any signs, bins, buildings, gates of fencing at the transfer station site.
- No person shall enter the transfer station outside the hours of operation unless an employee of the Municipality or a Scavenger.
- No person shall place or dump any type of Waste or Refuse inside or near the gate, fence or roadway leading to the Transfer Station unless in a designated area during hours of operation.
- No burning is allowed at the transfer station site unless authorized to do so by the municipality and following the Approval guidelines.
- The supervisor of the transfer site shall keep a daily register signed by all persons using the site.
- A person who infringes on any of the provisions of this bylaw or fails to comply therewith shall be liable to a fine of not less than $500.00, in addition to the Municipality’s clean-up and legal costs. A voluntary payment of $100.00 may be made at the Town of Elrose or R.M. of Monet No. 257 office within 15 days of receipt of fine. Further infringement on any of these provisions shall lead to further action at the discretion of Council.